The client is supposed to paint avatars and objects on Web pages. To do this, it needs a fair amount of support.
The client needs:
- a user account on the server. The user account will be created when the client starts for the first time.
- an XMPP account to connect to the XMPP server. The XMPP account is created automatically so, that users do not have to care,
- avatar images and a way to select avatars,
- an item inventory contains all the stuff you find, trade, or make,
- an identity service which provides avatars and items to the client.
- all this data wants to be stored persistently in several databases.
These are the services I am currently building.
The goal is to make using the Open Virtual World client very easy. Just install and go.